We are beyond excited to welcome Mike Anderson to our team of PLUS Authors at Eduplanet21! As a highly sought-after consultant and author in the field of education, we know that Mike’s new professional learning offerings will be helpful resources for all Eduplanet21 customers. This week, we released Mike’s first Learning Path in the Eduplanet21 Marketplace, Boosting Motivation in Your Classroom.
Mike has authored many books about great teaching and learning. His most recent book, What We Say and How We Say It Matter was chosen as an ASCD member book and became a best-seller six months after its release. A theme that runs through all of Mike’s books is his firm belief that teaching and learning should be joyful pursuits.
Mike was a public school classroom teacher for 15 years in grades 3-5 and continues to hold a NH teaching certification. In 2005 he was a finalist for NH Teacher of the Year. In 2004, he was awarded a Milken National Educator Award. He has been a graduate-level instructor through the University of New Hampshire Summer Literacy Institutes and was also a Responsive Classroom consultant, presenter, author, and developer for many years. He has also served as an ASCD Whole Child Approach advisor and has spoken at many national conferences including ASCD, Learning & the Brain, and NCTE. For a more thorough look at Mike’s background, check out his curriculum vitae.
In the Boosting Motivation in Your Classroom learning path, we focus on supporting all students in their growth and learning. There is an emphasis on Intrinsic Motivation and how to foster this in your classroom. You will also explore barriers to motivation and the impact of relationships on motivation.
Participants in this learning path will:
- Define Intrinsic Motivation
- Identify Intrinsic motivators
- Explore barriers to motivation in our learning environment
- Reflect on the impact of classroom relationships on motivation
About PLUS Authors
We are proud to partner with some of the greatest educational thought leaders in the industry! Other PLUS Authors include:
- Jay McTighe | Understanding by Design
- Bena Kallick | Habits of Mind
- Art Costa | Habits of Mind
- Allison Zmuda | Personalized Learning
- Amy Heineke | Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- Krista Leh | Social-Emotional Learning
- Allison Rodman | Personalized Professional Learning
- Carol Ann Tomlinson | Differentiation in the Classroom