UbD – 1 The Big Ideas of Understanding by Design
Identify and explore the three stages of Understanding by Design®, also known as “backward” curriculum design, in this online Learning Path guided by Jay McTighe, co-author of Understanding by Design (UbD). Designed for educators who are just beginning their study of Understanding by Design, this Learning Path will explore the concept of backward curriculum design, and teaching for understanding and transfer. This online learning experience is the first, of six, in a series of introductory Learning Paths.
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Develop a conceptual definition of understanding and its indicators;
- Distinguish between “understanding” and “knowing”;
- Recognize the Understanding by Design planning Template as a practical tool for curriculum design;
- Identify and consider the 6 types of learning goals;
- Review UbD examples from various subjects and grades; and
- Apply the use of the Design Standards to unit planning.
|Continuing Education Credits||
Act 48 (Pennsylvania), CTLE (New York)
Administrators, Educational Specialists, Gifted Intervention Specialists, Instructional Coaches, K-12 Educators, Superintendents, Teacher Leaders
Co-author of Understanding by Design, Educational Consultant
Jay has co-authored 14 books, including the award-winning and best-selling Understanding by Design (UbD) series with Grant Wiggins. As an educational consultant, Jay has made presentations in 47 US states and 19 countries on six continents.
You may also like…
UbD – 4 Stage 2: Assessment Evidence$30.00 Brand: McTighe & Associates Add to cart
Understanding by Design (UbD) – Series
$180.00Brand: McTighe & Associates Add to cart
UbD – 2 Stage 1: Transfer Goals and Understandings$30.00 Brand: McTighe & Associates Add to cart
UbD – 3 Stage 1: Essential Questions, Knowledge, and Skills$30.00 Brand: McTighe & Associates Add to cart