Understanding by Design (UbD) – Series
Students succeed when educators start with the end goal in mind. This backward design approach allows educators to create deliberate and focused unit design choice, laying the foundation for Grant Wiggins’ and Jay McTighe’s internationally respected and widely applied Understanding by Design® curriculum-planning framework.
Designed for educators who are just beginning their study of backwards design, this Learning Path series, authored by Jay McTighe, will explore the concept of backward curriculum design, and teaching for understanding and transfer. This series includes access to all six Understanding by Design Learning Paths at a reduced rate.
- UbD – 1 The Big Ideas of Understanding by Design
- UbD – 2 Stage 1: Transfer Goals and Understandings
- UbD – 3 Stage 1: Essential Questions, Knowledge, and Skills
- UbD – 4 Stage 2: Assessment Evidence
- UbD – 5 Stage 2: Performance Tasks
- UbD – 6 Stage 3: The Learning Plan
Co-author of Understanding by Design, Educational Consultant
Jay has co-authored 14 books, including the award-winning and best-selling Understanding by Design (UbD) series with Grant Wiggins. As an educational consultant, Jay has made presentations in 47 US states and 19 countries on six continents.