CLD: Integrating Culturally Relevant Materials in Classroom Instruction
This course considers the texts and materials utilized to mediate learning in classrooms, emphasizing the need to select and integrate high-quality resources that have direct relevance to students’ unique and diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds. Participants will learn how to find, select, and integrate high-quality culturally relevant texts and materials into classroom instruction as a means to promote culturally and linguistically diverse students’ learning, language development, and academic achievement.
- Define the concepts of relevance and authenticity with regard to texts and materials;
- Compare and contrast texts and materials with lenses on relevance and authenticity;
- Explore texts, authors, and illustrators that represent people from CLD backgrounds;
- Select culturally relevant and authentic texts for the CLD students in your classroom; and,
- Explain how students develop the four domains of language in classroom instruction.
One Year Unlimted Access
Administrators, Educational Specialists, Instructional Coaches, K-12 Educators, Teacher Leaders
|Continuing Education Credits||
Act 48 (Pennsylvania), CTLE (New York)
You may also like…
CLD: Building Awareness on Cultural and Linguistic Diversity in Schools$30.00 Brand: Teaching CLD Students Add to cart
Teaching CLD Students Institute
$150.00Brand: Teaching CLD Students Add to cart
CLD: Advocating for Diverse Students Across Schools$30.00 Brand: Teaching CLD Students Add to cart